Adult Grief Support Group
Event cost: $0
Grief support groups and resources are open to anyone in the community who has experienced a death. Meeting with other people who are experiencing similar circumstances provides encouragement and support. Coping skills and various aspects of the grieving process are discussed. These groups are free to the community about registration is requested. To register call 608-363-7421 or email email@example.com.
This group will meet on Tuesdays from March 5th until March 19th from 5:30 pm until 6:30 pm at the Beloit Regional Hospice Office, 655 Third Street, Suite 200, Beloit, WI.
Grief is a natural reaction to loss of someone or something important to you and it involves a wide variety of thoughts and feelings. Some people experience:
- Changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Numbness, guilt, anger, panic, fear, resentment, relief, jealousy or depression
- Inability to concentrate, feel as if they are “going crazy” or have memory loss
- Anger with their higher source, church or pastor or great comfort in their faith
- Desire to be around others or to be alone
These are only a few of the natural reactions to loss and Beloit Regional Hospice is here to help.
Our staff offers guidance and support for those who have suffered a loss through death via our Grief Support Program. There is no charge for grief support services. The caregivers of those who died with hospice services receive 13 months of grief support as part of our holistic approach to care for the patient and family.
Wednesday Oct 23, 2019
- 12:30 - 14:00
Monday Dec 02, 2019
- 9:00 - 10:00